Like Snooki, I believe that when it comes to hair, height is desirable. Unlike Snooki, however, I prefer my hairdos to have some movement and versatility in situations that aren't bars on the Jersey Shore. Of course Snooki now is a toned down mom who was on Hollywood Medium - my new favorite show, but I digress.
That's right, no bump-its here, people! What I have instead is a superbly easy hairstyle that will work for almost any hair length or texture. It's got a 60s retro vibe (as seen in the Fashion Risk: Mid-Length Skirt styling), and channels chanteuse and style icon Brigitte Bardot in a way that is both modern and authentic. If you've got hair, an elastic, a bobby pin, and 5 minutes — then you've got a new favorite hairdo. Watch and learn!
Thin elastic Bobby pin Dry shampoo (optional) Curling iron (optional) Rounded brush (optional) Hairspray (optional)
- Creating a part from the tops of your ears straight up, pull the front section of your hair into a pony on the top of your head. Make sure not to position it too far forward or too far back, but right at the tippity-top of your cranium. Smooth the sides with your fingers and tie with your elastic!
- Take a small piece of hair from the underneath of your ponytail and wrap it around the elastic, concealing it. Secure this little piece of hair with a bobby pin in the back of the ponytail.
- I like to give this look a feminine, slightly undone effect by pulling down and loosening wispy, face-framing hairs. But this step is completely optional, depending on your hair!
- More optional touches include adding loose waves with a curling iron and/ or teasing the ponytail with a brush or teasing comb. If you want to imbue it with an effortless beachy vibe, do my Wavy Hair Tutorial first, then whip it up into this half pony!
- Set the whole look with hairspray and voila! Knock em dead.