Hope Asks: Mr. Kate, you inspire me to do so much in the world. You started and successfully run your own business, which is amazing. I would love if you could do DIY school supplies, or more room decor!! I loved it when you did the Backpack Bonanza!! ♡... I love you Mr.Kate!! My Answer: Hi Hope! Thank you so very much! Back to school is always cause for some style fun which is exactly what this You Gotta See This Backpack is... fun! You know that popular tag on instagram, #ISeeFaces? A backpack with a front pouch has always looked like a mouth to me so by adding some giant glitter eyeballs with gem pupils it's now a complete (and cute) face!
For back to school room decor check out Bedroom on a Budget!
For more backpack DIY ideas check out, 'DIY Backpack Bonanza'
- paint brushes
- black and white fabric paint
- Mod Podge
- fine glitter
- two circular objects you can trace - one large for the white and a smaller one for the black
- sew on rhinestones
- needle and thread (optional to make the rhinestones more permanent)
- Trace the larger circle (I used a coconut oil jar lid) onto the back pack with your pen in two places for the whites of the eyes.
- Paint over the pen lines and fill in the circles with the white fabric paint.
- Mix some Mod Podge with a lot of glitter.
- Paint the glitter-Mod Podge mixture over the whites of the eyes. Let dry. If necessary, paint a second coat.
- Trace the smaller circle onto the silver, glitter circles where you want the black pupil of the eye to go. I chose to have them looking off to one side.
- Paint the smaller traced circles, black. Let dry.
- Glue the rhinestones onto the eyes using the E6000. TIP: For a more permanent fix, hand sew them in place.