it's like decorating a room, choose your color palette and even if patterns are different, the palette ties everything together!
i had painted a basic nude gel color last week (see a pic of it here) and wanted to update it and experiment with my nail art supplies (full list here!).
i chose my color palette: nude (my base coat), black, neon yellow/gold, and a pale green (let's call it avocado). then within those parameters, i made every nail different!
check out the basic gel manicure tutorial video here.
- pinkie: chevron french tip in avocado green and a light green heart in the middle. clear gel top coat keeps the heart in place (watch this video for a how-to on 3d nail art).
- ring finger: neon yellow stripe down the middle.
- middle: checker pattern with black polish - i made it using a thin nail art brush to get the thinner lines.
- pointer: tiny 3d nail art balls in - stay put with clear gel polish.
- thumb: yellow heart-shaped glitter - stay put with clear gel polish.
- pinkie: black polish with 1 yellow heart glitter - stay put with clear gel polish.
- ring finger: two clusters/rows of gold colored tiny 3d nail art balls - stay put with clear gel polish.
- middle: avocado green polish with green star-shaped glitter - stay put with clear gel polish.
- pointer finger: i used a thin nail art brush to paint a scroll design in black gel polish and accented with tiny black 3d nail art balls - stay put with clear gel polish.
- thumb: neon yellow polish with round black glitter dots - stay put with clear gel polish.