yay! i'm so happy to do this video for you because i plan on doing lots of nail art posts and videos in the future and this shows you the basic gel manicure technique... with a little glitter thrown in, i couldn't help myself! i teased this DIY gel manicure last week here. i love the combo of the pale pink (Gelish 'Light Elegant') and the one silver glitter nail.
please check out this post where i break down all of the gel manicure and nail art supplies i bought and why - includes prices and everything! i also talk about why i love gel manis!
DIY At Home Gel Manicure
- Sensationail Starter Kit $49 from CVS.com (comes with LED light, gel cleanser, gel primer, 1 polish color, base/top coat, lint free wipes, manicure stick, nail buffer.
- other nail color if you would like - Gelish is sold at Sally Beauty and they have a ton of color options. Sensationail is sold at CVS and Wal-Mart and they sell other colors for $11.99
- pot of glitter - i got a package of different colors by FantaSea from Amazon
- dry brush to use as glitter sprinkler
- prep your nails for a manicure by filing and pushing back your cuticles
- use the buffer to buff the surface of your nails a little
- use a lint free pad to clean your nails with the gel cleanser - don't touch them after their cleaned because you will get your skin oil on them
- paint a coat of gel primer on your whole nail and nail tip
- paint a coat of gel base coat and cure in the light for 1 minute
- paint a coat of your color and cure in the light for 1 minute
- paint another coat of color
- sprinkle a layer of loose glitter over one or more nails while the second coat of color is still wet
- cure in the light for 1 minute
- paint one coat of top coat and sprinkle another layer of glitter then cure in the light for 1 minute
- paint one more coat of top coat over the nail or nails that have glitter to create a smooth finish and cure one more minute in the light
- use the lint free cotton pad with more gel cleanser to remove the stickiness and you're done! dry and will last 2 to 2.5 week!