I love fun sunglasses! It's an opportunity to express your style on your face which is always a good thing. These DIY Bow Sunglasses are fun, girly and a very easy way to refresh a pair of tired sunnies.
For another fun sunglasses DIY, check out: 'DIY Pearl Encrusted Sunglasses'
- synthetic ribbon (must be synthetic so you can seal the edges)
- STRONG glue like E6000
- lighter or matches
- (optional) painter's tape
- Use your ribbon to tie a cute bow and make sure it's tight!
- Cut the ends at a slant
- Hold the lighter (or match) flame close to the freshly cut edges of the ribbon to seal the fibers so they don't fray. (NOTE: Make sure you gradually get the flame close until you see the edges melt rather than making them black or catch on fire.)
- Dab a little glue to your sunglasses and place the bows on top. *Painter's tape can help keep the bows in place as the glue dries. Give it a good 3 hours to make sure.
- Enjoy your new adorable sunnies!
What do you think? How would you wear your bow sunnies?