At this point, you probably know I love cats and cat print…but the real point is, you don't have to use cats for this DIY; chose whatever animal or thing you like! I had some stains on this pair of skinny jeans, so the DIY cat face that I drew for the transfers was the perfect, fun way to cover them. This is a great upcycle project to use on any tired article of clothing you have in your closet. If you can't get enough of cat print, like me, see Styling: cat on cat on cat print for some tips on how to go cat crazy!
Other fun DIY ideas for pants (or shorts): DIY leopard print or DIY studded shorts.Prep It:
- pants or piece of clothing of your choice
- iron on transfer paper like this or get it at the crafts store
- computer and printer
- draw a picture of an animal and scan it into your computer or find a shape you like online - turn it black and white, if it's not already - see more detailed info on this step in the DIY Lip Print Backpack
- print out your image(s) on the iron-on transfer paper
- cut out the individual shapes (cats) and iron them on the pants with the cat facing the fabric and the white part of the paper touching the iron – follow the detailed instructions on the package but it’s easy! tip: I found that you have to hold the iron on longer than the package states. test if the transfer has set by peeling back a little corner. some of my cat faces came out more dull than others but I liked the look.
- wear them!
- top: Zara
- pants: BDG and then DIY'd
- shoes: Qupid
- jewelry: Mr. Kate Basics mixed metal cuffs, Starburst necklace , Mini nut rings, Buried treasure band ring, Kosmos ring