This Halloween season I've been all about bringing the holiday to me. Meaning, rather than adapting my interior space to the holiday, I'm adapting the holiday traditions to my personal interior design. Thus, for this DIY project, I transformed a variety of pumpkins and gourds to fit in with my choice of color palette using craft paint. It's super easy and fun to pick your palette and paint your pumpkins. Another plus is that un-carved pumpkins will last beyond the holiday into November and become pre-thanksgiving decor!
Pumpkins BEFORE (naturally beautiful but not my color palette)...
My color palette in paint (from the crafts store)...Prep it:
- pumpkins and gourds
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- white primer spray paint or bottled white primer
- spray paint the pumpkins with the white primer or if you want to keep it indoors use a bottled primer you can paint with a brush - let dry.
- paint each pumpkin a different color from your palette - use a natural bristle brush so you can get that artistic finish
- style the pumpkins in your interior space!
- top: Free People
- pants: Zara
- shoes: Bucket Feet
- Mr. Kate jewelry featured: Floating feather cuff bracelet , Feather cuff ring, Creon ring