the first of three Father's Day DIYs i'm doing for Access Hollywood Live - stay tuned for the other two later today and tune in to Access Hollywood Live to watch me demo (check your local listings)! this DIY is a massage roadmap diagram t-shirt that is a great project for kids to make for their dads! all you do is draw and paint an interactive and instructional diagram on the back of a t-shirt which, will make massaging fun for kids and relaxing for dad!
DIY massage diagram/roadmap t-shirt for Dad
- plain white t-shirt
- fabric markers
- puffy fabric paint - optional
- ruler - optional
- use the cardboard to put in between the front and back of the shirt and create a flat hard surface on which to work.
- draw the design, roadmap, diagram, etc. of your choosing, on the back of the t-shirt, using your fabric markers and ruler for straight lines. tip: layering the marker looks better, go over your lines a couple times to make them nice and dark. i made street signs with messages like: "knuckle highway" (going up the spine or the shirt), "pinch zone" (near the top of the shoulders), "poke zone" (by the shoulder blades), "stop and scratch the flowers" (mid back to promote a back scratch), and "dead end" (by the butt of the shirt).
- optional: add puffy fabric paint in places for some 3D flair. i think it makes it that much more fun to play with!
- i wrote "this end down" on the front of the shirt.