I'll tell you two things that absolutely everyone (I mean everyone) loves — a good design hack, and an even better fluffy pillow. There's just no joy comparable to getting creative, or getting cozy ... or getting both!
This DIY Faux Fur Upholstered Stool uses a fluffy pillowcase and a staple gun to give a so-so bench a super soft and sophisticated upgrade. Instead of keeping all the warm and fuzzies on a sofa or bed, you get to spread the love and the lush texture across the room!
Vanity bench Faux fur pillow Fabric scissors Staple gun
- First things first, remove the cushioned seat from the rest of the stool. You can usually do this by flipping the entire stool upside down and removing the screws attaching the seat on the underneath.
- Once you've got your seat ready, remove the insert from the pillow so you just have the pillowcase.
- Slide the bench seat (cushion up) into the pillowcase. Here's where you might need to get creative to make sure everything fits — snip and spread the pillowcase as you need on the underneath side of the bench. It won't be seen, so you just have to make sure the top side fits!
- When you've got everything in place, use the staple gun to secure the pillowcase onto the underneath of the bench.
- Re-attach the seat to the rest of the stool and enjoy this fine, fluffy masterpiece!