Since we got new black flatware, I decided to upcycle our old silverware and make it into art! You can do the same for yours or find some fun mis matched forks and spoons at the thrift store. I chose to frame them in mis-matched frames for a more eclectic look. This DIY was featured in 'OMG We Bought A House! Episode 6: Kitchen and Kitties!' If you missed it, watch it here.Prep It:
- old silverware
- hot glue gun and extra strength hot glue sticks
- decorative fabric
- spray paint/primer in the color of your choice, I chose to use spray paint primer because I wanted a matte white color
- Spray paint your silverware and let it dry.
- Remove the glass from your frames and hot glue fabric to the backings of the frames - this will be the background for your painted silverware.
- Hot glue your newly painted silverware into the fabric in whatever arrangment you like.
- Hang your new art with a nail and enjoy!