If you're a regular reader of this here bloggy blog, you know I'm a fan of easy-to-DIY, decorative wall art and this framed glitter project is no different! Heck, I've been known to paint with a spoon so it's probably no surprise that glitter bombing is total amusement for me and creating glitter wall art that looks like a glitter bomb in a contained rectangle gives me complete joy. This DIY, like all that I do, can be interpreted per your personal taste - do it large-scale, colorful, mix the glitter sizes, etc. the point is, it's easy for all and makes a chic, metallic statement in any room.Prep It:
- picture frames (mattes optional)
- different sizes of glitter - or one size, depending on your preference
- spray adhesive
- paper and scissors if you don't want to use the paper that came with the frame for your base
- Take apart your frames and cut a piece(s) of paper or use the paper that came with the frame as your base for your glitter art
- Lay the paper(s) out on a piece of newspaper, etc. and spray a light coat of the spray adhesive
- Within 15 seconds (to ensure a permanent bond) sprinkle your glitter onto the piece of paper in whatever design you like. Repeat with your other pieces of paper if doing more than one and let dry.
- Once dry, lay the piece of glass from the frame over your glitter paper and carefully insert it back into the frame and secure the backing
- Hang or prop up your new glittery art and enjoy!