This lace collar necklace is a great way to give a girly touch to a simple t-shirt or a layered look over a sweater as we get in to Fall. I love that it's on chain which makes it easy to put together and comfortable to wear.
Like fancy collars? Then check out, 'DIY Lace Trimmed Collar and Cuffs'
- 2 cotton doilies
- embroidery needle
- embroidery thread
- a button - preferably one that is attached with one back loop
- 2 jump rings
- 2 pliers
- chain or wire cutters
- Hold the lace in place where you would want it to hang on your neck. Place the chain around your neck to measure where to cut the chain.
- Cut the chain using your chain cutters.
- Sew the lace doily in half by doing a simple stitch all the way around the outer edge of the doily.
- On one point of one doily, sew on the button and on the other doily sew a little loop that will fit around the button.
- Using the pliers, open a jump ring and close it around the chain and connect it through a space in the crochet on the opposite point (of the botton) on the doily.
- Repeat step 5 on the other side.
- Style your lace collar necklace with a simple t-shirt, sweater or any top that has a flat neckline.