i was thinking about the ladies out there who want to give their man a Valentine's themed gift but don't want it to be too "girly." i thought of what i would gift Joey and was inspired by his new-found love of Old Fashioneds (bourbon drink) and my obsession with nips (little liquor bottles - i love anything miniature)!
you could interpret this with other kinds of drinks too! a margarita box with limes, special salt and tequila, instead of maraschino cherries, could be really cool!
for those of you that don't drink: you could interpret this and make a box full of something else your guy is into. maybe a box full of accessories for his iPhone and little tags with sexy text messages and song titles! click here for other DIY Valentine's ideas.
Mr. Kate's DIY Liquor and Hearts Valentine's Gift for a Guy
What You Need:
- nips - mini liquor bottles from your local liquor store
- garnish - i used fancy maraschino cherries to go with the bourbon and whiskey but you could do limes and salt with tequila
- red construction paper
- hole punch
- shoe box
- craft paper and/or tissue paper or wrapping paper
- paint of glue
- cut out heart shapes from the construction paper and punch holes in them for the ribbon.
- write drink-themed, love sayings on the hearts and wrap them around the necks of the nips with pieces of ribbon.
- wrap the shoe box in craft paper or wrapping paper and put a cut-out heart on the top or whatever you want for decoration.
- nestle the bottles and garnish inside the box on a bed of crumpled tissue paper, cover with the lid and get ready for a good time!