Hanukkah starts tomorrow so why not DIY your menorah this year!? this is one of the holiday crafts i did for a segment on KCAL9 news and BetterTV - it's a menorah made out of perfume bottles and is super easy and i think, super chic!Prep It:
1. small bottles (make sure the openings can fit the same size menorah candle) - i used all old perfume bottles that i had laying around or got at the flea market.
2. menorah candles
3. spraypaint primer - you could use any color to paint your perfume bottles or, if they're in good condition, keep them as is!
- spray primer on bottles - do this outdoors and make sure you let them dry entirely so you don't get chipping. if you want the bottles to be another color, use primer first to help your other spray paint color adhere. i like the look of white primer because it's a matte finish.
- once dry, arrange in your desired menorah order - i used the biggest bottle in the middle.
- insert candles
- if you want, place the row of bottles on a little stand or tray, i used an old port wine box and spray painted the top white to match the bottles!
oh, and make sure your candles are secure in the bottles before you extinguish them...i learned the hard way...going, going, gone!
here's the holiday DIY segment from BetterTV: