It's officially October which means... BOO ya! Yes, this whole month seems devoted to Fall-ifying your home, drinking pumpkin spice lattes and of course, prepping for Halloween! I love these DIY Neon Lace Masks because I think they're chic enough to hang on the walls of your home all month long and then wear them with any cute outfit come Halloween. I used the lace from an old shirt we found at the thrift store and it was really easy!
For more Halloween decor ideas check out: 'DIY Chic Skulls'. And for more Halloween lace check out: DIY Halloween Lace Make-Up.Prep It:
- lace (I used the sleeves of a thrifted lace blouse)
- neon spray paint
- spray adhesive
- fabric scissors
They look cool like this too if you wanted to decoupage on the lace with Mod Podge!
- Spray your masks so that they are evenly coated with the spray adhesive. Let them sit for about 3-5 minutes, you want them to be tacky but not wet.
- Cut lace pieces, stripes or patches, up to you and press them onto the tacky adhesive all over the mask. Make sure to really get the lace in the contours of the mask mouth, eye sockets, etc.
- Spray paint the lace covered masks and let dry, about 20-30 minutes - I used neon yellow, pink and orange paint.
- Peel off the lace and admire your Halloween handy work!