I've had this vanity for about 10 years now and it was time to update it's antique white paint with dun dun dunnnn, neon plaid! I think a project like this would be great on a desk or vanity for a dorm room, or chest for an entryway. All you need to do is pick out your color palette and get to taping and painting!
What do you guys think? DIY your own and hashtag your pictures, #mrkate! I'd love to see the results.
- different colored paints
- painters tape
- paint brush
- drop cloth
- polycrylic protective finish
- Tape off your mirrors and spray paint primer all over your vanity and drawers outside on a drop cloth and let dry
- Tape off your plaid-like pattern by taping vertical stripes and then horizontal stripes over - I chose to vary the width of the stripes.
- Paint each stripe a different color and let dry.
- Remove tape (but not the tape on the mirror).
- Paint the polycrylic sealant over the dried acrylics. Let dry.
- Remove the tape on the mirror and admire your funky self in your new plaid vanity!