Its time for the Academy Awards and Oscar is taking off his clothes and gold gilding himself in preparation! I got excited and want to have my friends come over to watch the awards so I came up with some fun DIY decor ideas that are easy to do in your home, apartment or dorm.
Watch the DIY Oscars Party video above to see the DIY Red Carpet Selfie Wall - for your guests to pose in front of for their own paparazzi moment - and see how I went gold crazy, even with food, on my treat table. If you're looking for some more easy snacks for your guests see No-Cook Finger Food.
If you want to use the same "And The Oscar Goes To..." ballot that I did in the video, click on the link to download and print. Who's gonna win!?
- Red felt or cloth
- Roll of red mesh - I found it in the wedding section but tulle would work too
- Gold glitter paper
- Thumb tacks
- Masking Tape
- Gold wrapping paper (could be the same from the selfie wall)
- Various plates, old suitcases, books, cake stands and bowls etc. for your food
- Bling ribbon - the same one I used in DIY Bling Organizers
- Printed ballots and pretty pens
- Candy wrapped in gold foil (Can be found in wedding section of craft store)
- Little gold mesh baggies (Can be found in wedding section of craft store)
- Vase, fresh flowers, champagne, etc.
- Mini Doughnuts
- Mini Cupcakes
- Potato chips
- Wilton's Gold Color Mist (Edible food color spray - I got it in the cake decor section at Michael's)
- Gold Sprinkles
- Gold cupcake liners
- Fishbowl (optional, for serving chips)
- Butcher or waxed paper to protect surface from gold spray
Selfie Wall DO IT!:
- Tack up the red felt as the backdrop for the selfie wall.
- Style the mesh or tulle around the felt by tacking it in place to create some 3 dimensionality
- Cut out various sized camera bursts from the glitter paper and double sided tape them to the felt
- Get ready to take pictures of you and your friends paparazzi style!
Gold Gilded Food DO IT!:
- Place drop paper down on a flat surface and lay the finger foods you've selected out, in a single layer.
- Spray the food with the gold food spray, in a nice even manner.
- Top your cup cakes with some yummy gold sprinkles to make them shimmer like the stars! I got these cupcakes at the grocery store and took off the existing colored sprinkles before spraying them and sprinkling the edible gold stars.
- Lay your finished snacks out on various trays, bowls, etc.
What do you think? Are you going to have an Oscar party? I feel like you could have the red carpet selfie wall up year round to celebrate your personal celebrity!