I made these easy potato stamped plates for a Fourth of July party, but really this technique can be used to stamp out any shape or design!
To watch the video this DIY was featured in, check out DIWhyNot Fourth of July Party
- glass paint
- paring knife
- cutting board
- paper plate or painter's palette
- Cut a potato in half.
- Cut a star shape into one of your potato halves using a small knife.
- Squirt or mix your paint on the paper plate.
- Dip the potato into the paint. TIP: You may want to practice some stamps on a paper plate before you do your glass plates.
- Stamp the plates. I chose to do a single star in the center of each plate but get creative!
- Follow the instructions on your glass paint tube to properly cure the paint (usually in the oven) before your party.
- Arrange with other mis-matched, red white and blue plates on your table!