it's a Mr. Kate prom! i know, i'm too old to go to Prom, but i know a lot of you are going so here are some looks that hopefully will inspire you for your prom ensembles. for those of us that are past our prom... ha, not prime of course, these looks could easily be interpreted for dress-up party options! ...oh, and yes, that's a real retainer that i had made for this movie... and how dreamy is Joey!?
i love thinking outside the box for Prom. when most people are wearing floor-length gowns, opt for a cocktail length or maybe something with an interesting silhouette (like the tulip dress) or an interesting fabric (the pleather one). and why not do something fun with your make-up (like the cling-wrap mask), you only go to Prom once!...or is it twice?
Funky Nerd Outfit
- jeans: ASOS
- top: American Apparel
- shoes: Jeffrey Campbell "tardy"
- glasses: Growze la boutique
- jewelry: tons of it and a ring on every finger
Prom Look 1: Feminine/Classic
- dress: ASOS
- shoes: Marcello Toshi
- earrings: vintage
- ring: Mr. Kate Bacchus ring
- clutch: vintage
- hair: in a messy top knot or sock bun
- make-up: lightly smudged eye make-up and a berry lip (Stila in Cranberry)
- dress: H&M
- tutu: American Apparel
- shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
- necklace: Mr. Kate Vintage Logo Necklace and vintage rhinestone necklace
- purse: vintage beaded
- hair: half up/half down, naturally big and curly (curly hair video here)
- make-up: create the mask with a bunched-up piece of plastic cling wrap and dunk it in a mixture of loose eyeshadow and water. dab the colors on your face to create a 'lace' look. mask colors by Concrete minerals and gold by Make-up Forever.