For all my multitudes of interests, I can not attest to have ever been an athlete. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the love of sports so many people, like our special tween bedroom makeover-recipient Bennett, have! I wanted to honor the special place soccer has in her heart with a piece of art that is a little literal, a little whimsical, and 100% DIY-able. Check out the steps below!
30 x 30 x 1/4" plywood Jigsaw Sandpaper Cooking oil Pencil Hot glue gun and glue sticks Moss
- Trace a circle (either 30" or smaller!) and cut it out with the jigsaw. The key with using a jigsaw is to keep the saw stationary and to move the wood.
- Sand the edges of the circle, evening out any bumps if they exist!
- Using paper towels or a rag, season the wood with the cooking oil. Use it exactly like you would a stain!
- Draw out a soccer ball pattern with a pencil (and ruler, if needed!) I created this one to look 3 dimensional, but you can make yours look however you want! Search images or use this one as inspiration if you need direction as to how to draw a soccer ball!
- Working little by little, cover your pencil drawing and fill in the pattern with hot glue and moss.
- To attach to the wall, either attach mounting hardware to the back, or drill through a mossy section into the wall!