We've got a fun mini-series coming at you called OMG Quick Tip where we rattle off some quick and useful information to help keep a safe, organized and healthy home! First up, energy efficiency! Watch the video above and stay tuned for a new episode of OMG We Bought A House! coming at you soon!
Miss last week's episode of OMG We Bought a House? Watch it here: 'OMG We Bought A House! S2 Ep 3 The Master's Bedroom'
- Changing out your old light bulbs to energy saving light bulbs is a really easy way to save energy and money! I like the "soft white" ones which give an even toned glow.
- Changing out your AC filter regularly is another way to save energy! A clean filter allows the AC to work properly and not have to fight to power through dust and hair.
- Weather stripping is a great way to keep your AC home cool and your heated home warm throughout the seasons be preventing drafts.
- Changing to a dishwasher that uses evaporation instead of a heating coil to dry your dishes is a great way to save energy!
- We found out our house isn't insulated in Season 2, Episode 2: 'What's in the Attic?'. Insulating your house makes a TREMENDOUS difference when it comes to saving AC, heat, and energy!
- Don't forget to turn the water off when you're brushing your teeth! Okay, maybe not directly saving energy but it saves water!
Thanks for watching! Would love to hear from you in the comments!