Thanksgiving and the holidays are around the corner so here are some fun DIY river stone and fall leaf place card holders you can make for your upcoming festive table tops! I love how these organic name tag weights look next to embelished dishware. Use these river rocks to weigh down the name tags or you could even write the name directly on the leaf if you want these to act as a little party favor for guests to take home with them after the big meal!
Get some recipe inspiration in: Healthy and Delicious Thanksgiving RecipesPrep It:
- Mod Podge
- sponge brush
- found fall leaves
- smooth stones
- kraft paper
- heavy book or a flat weight
- Flatten and dry out the leaves in a book or with a weight and some waxed paper between the sheets to keep the leaves from sticking. This will take a couple days to dry them out effectively.
- Once your leaves have been dried and pressed use the foam brush and a generous amount of Mod Podge to decoupage each of them to a stone. Make sure the paint the surface of the stone first with decoupage glue, place the leaf down and then paint another layer of glue over the top of the leaf.
- Continue with all your leaves and rocks until you have enough for all your guests and let dry.
- Cut out tag shapes out of your craft paper. Make sure the tag is big enough to have the rock on it and still be able to see the name.Write your guest's names on the tags.
- Style them on the plates or above as part of the place setting and let the festivities begin!