we got these Summer squash fresh from the farmer's market and grilled them up on shish kabob sticks glazed with tamari, kind honey and black pepper and garnished with fresh chives... so good!
Mr. Kate's Grilled Summer Squash with Tamari and Honey
- 3 or 4 summer squash
- 1 yellow zucchini (optional)
- olive oil
- honey (from sustainable bee keepers)
- black pepper
- fresh chives
- heat your grill
- in a bowl mix about two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of tamari and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper
- cut your summer squash in quarters and your yellow zucchini in slices and put them on shish kabob sticks
- drizzle or paint the olive oil and honey mixture onto the shish kabobs
- grill the shish kabobs, turning them every couple minutes for about 10 minutes until tender - but not overcooked!
- serve with a little drizzle of tamari and a nice sprinkle of chopped chives