This is our first OMG We Bought A House two-parter episode because we are decorating the living room which needs a lot of furniture and decor. If you remember, in Episode 4, we established some design in the room by decorating the mantle but we were still pending a couch, shelving, media wall, etc. In this episode you'll see the new furniture we got as well as some decorating plans involving picking new fabric for our old chairs and DIYing the easiest coffee table ever. So, let's remove the plastic wrap and begin!
Having furniture is one thing but actually making it look decorated is the next step... stay tuned for Part 2!
If you missed Episode 6, watch it here and see all of the OMG We Bought A House series here!
- I picked out a black, tufted Chesterfield style sofa (recycled leather Chesterfield here) for our living room because I've always loved the classic look and the low back is perfect for the center of a room. The black gives a manly balance to the white walls and crystal sconces and will be easy to re-decorate around for many years to come.
- Joey being manly
- Our old coffee table is really cool - I DIYed it a couple years ago in this video - but it's too small for our new living room so...
- ...In a pinch we put this amazing antique mirror we found (and originally planned to hang) on top of the coffee table and it looks really great! I love the shape and the mirrored look. I think I want to change the base to different legs so I can also put our old coffee table elsewhere or give it away.
- Our easiest DIY coffee table yet!
- First foot massage on the new couch!.. Joey and his hairy toes ; [
- The living room is getting there but we still need embellishments like curtains, throw pillows and coffee table decor.
- Opposite to the couch, we put two upholstered chairs to create a conversation area around the coffee table and in front of the mantle. - One chair we got at a thrift store a couple years ago and the other is a hand-me-down from my mom. Both, I want to get reupholstered to go with the color/design scheme I layed out in Episode 2. The 9 foot shelves are from Restoration Hardware and are tall enough to work with the barrel ceilings. The TV needs to be mounted, the lighting needs to be dealt with and those shelves are begging to be styled!
- Fabric swatches are so helpful if you're thinking about reupholstering furniture or making custom curtains or pillows. The swatches are easy to grab at any fabric store that carries upholstery fabric as they are usually pre cut and hung on clips near the bolt or you can ask to get a swatch cut for free. Bring them home to your space and see how they look and feel in real life. I think I know what fabric I want to use but I want you all, including Joey, to be surprised in Part 2! Stay tuned!
So happy to have furniture in our living room...What do you guys think so far? Comment and subscribe! xo