it's me, ali, taking over the blog again!
so, i love to bake. more specifically, i like to bake and then force my friends to eat the baked items (which is never difficult to get them to do). this is my specialty/frequently demanded/favorite/go-to recipe...i'm not going to lie, it's a little tough to release it to the world!these are the perfect fall cookies, you will not regret making them (i don't even like pumpkin but i love these)!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar (maple sugar for low glycemic)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (or egg replacer for vegans)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk (or almond or soy for vegans)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
- in a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
- add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- add vanilla and chocolate chips.
- drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
- then watch while your cookies are devoured