while recently in Maui, we ate dinner at Spago one night...i know, schmancy. after gorging ourselves on dinner we decided, 'why the heck not' and indulged in dessert...but chose a light and refreshing sampling of sorbet as to not induce an expensive vomit sesh.
i love the way they plated it and thought it was a great inspiration for a simple yet elegant dessert for your dinner parties! sorbet is a great way to finish a meal - fruity and refreshing!
they plated it in some handmade shell like thing but i think you could do something similar with a waffle cone laid on its side or just forgo the shell because the sorbet and berries are pretty enough as is!
What You Need:
- 3 flavors of sorbet - we had passion fruit, mango and coconut... i would pick 3 that are different colors so you get the contrast. health food stores like Whole Foods sell a variety of sorbet brands and flavors.
- fresh berries for garnish (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- waffle cone (optional) - here is a recipe for Vegan waffle cones
- chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce for drizzle - i love Emmy's Organics raw vegan chocolate sauce and get store-bought raspberry sauce or here is a simple recipe.
- use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to scoop pretty portions of sorbet
- plate them to look like they're spilling out of the waffle cone on its side or just put the scoops in a pretty vintage bowl with no cone
- slice your strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and sprinkle them on top
- finish with a drizzle of your chocolate or raspberry sauce