Labor Day happened which means summer is over, right? Sad, but true. But it doesn't have to be all sad because as fall is fast approaching and the weather changes, we get to wear things like plaid! Here are two outfits I put together that are all about plaid shirts, in a fun way!
See style tips for fall and winter outfits for more styling ideas.
Plaid can be dressed girly or grungy (see collage at the end of post) and I also used it in the lookbook photos for the Mr. Kate Fall 2013 collection: Element. Shop for plaid at a bunch of stores including your local thrift stores.
- I went a little Elton John with this outfit and paired a chiffon plaid shirt with sequin shorts and a floppy faux fur coat - it's playful yet comfortable and something you could wear out or to school!…well, I would ; )
- I love to mix prints and plaid is no different! Here, I mixed two plaid print together with leggings from Zara and a big comfy plaid shirt from the Salvation Army - it's amazing what a pair of heels, layered jewelry and red lipstick can do to an outfit!
- plaid shirt: Zara
- sequin shorts: Forever 21
- jacket: Melrose ave
- shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Hyatt Bootie
- leggings: Zara
- shirt: thrifted from Salvation army
- shoes: Quipid
- lipstick: Lime Crime
- jewelry: Mr. Kate Weird necklace, Petal to the metal necklace, Arke necklace, Feather cuff ring, and Floating feathers cuff bracelet!
Past outfits using plaid….
Other rad plaid moments from OOTD: plaid on set of Home & Family, OOTD: back to school plaid and polkadots, OOTD: grunge and puppies, and OOTD: quaint in ombre denim.