this is a really fun and easy hair-do for a messy hair day, beach day or any day! i did this 'Faux Bob' in two seconds while in Maui before Joey and i ran out to go whale watching...which was amazing. i tied the scarf tight enough that it didn't even budge on the windy boat ride (the top pic is me on the boat). the Quickie DIY video tutorial shows me on the beach, after the boat ride, showing you how to DIY your own faux bob! let me know if you have any questions.
i wrote previously about a faux bob hairstyle i wore to joey's sister Jennifer's wedding last year...check it out here.
Mr. Kate Scarf Wrapped Faux Bob
- wrap your scarf around your head like you would wear a sweat band....oh come on, you've worn a sweat band before!
- tie the scarf wherever you would like. i tied my vintage one off to the side but you could tie it at the base of your neck or make a simple knot and tuck in the loose ends.
- bundle up the length of your hair in a messy twist at the nape of your neck...as you can see, mine is very messy. clip it in place with a butterfly clip.
- disguise the clip by pulling some of the scarf down and around to hid it and adding to the 'faux' effect.
- Forever 21 one-piece bathing suit
- thrifted jeans cut into shorts
- vintage scarf on head
- House Of Harlow sunglasses