Get festive this spring/ Easter in an abstract way! Paint your masterpiece and keep it up for the season or year round!
To watch the video in which this + 2 other DIYs were featured, check out 'DIWhyNot: Whimsical DIY Easter Decor'Prep It:
- acrylic paint (in your color palette)
- paint brush
- sponge (as egg shaped as possible, you can always cut it to make it look more egg-ly)
- drop cloth
- paper plates
- Cover your painting area with drop cloths (use tape and a plastic drop cloth to cover the wall if your resting your canvas against it to paint)
- Squirt out the paint colors onto paper plates.
- Paint the canvas with thick deliberate strokes, I advise starting with your lightest color. I used my cream color on the top and light blue on the bottom and overlapped them at the center of the canvas. Have fun with creating your interpretation of the darkness of Winter giving birth to the light of Spring. Let dry.
- Go over with your next round of colors. I used my pastel pink in areas over the blue and cream. Let dry.
- Squirt globs of your darkest color at the top of your canvas and let drip down a bit then use your egg-shaped sponge to press the globs into egg-like prints. Kind of like big Spring rain drops.
- End with some more drips. You may want to add some water into the tube of dark paint to thin it and make the drips run down the canvas more easily.
- Let your piece of art work dry completely and hang or prop on a surface as part of your Spring rebirth / Easter vignette.