Fall is here, and what's fall without back-to-school organization or some Fall office cleaning! Filing cabinets usually haunt me with their unattractive-ness but they're pretty functional for coralling your important papers. This DIY is the perfect solution to your ugly filing cabinet nightmares! You can make your ugly filing cabinet cute with a pretty color and a funky stripe of chalkboard to label your cabinet's contents...in our case, it's 'Important Stuff'...nice and all-inclusive.
I picked a pale blue color but use a color spray paint that works with your personal interior design scheme.
For another fun office DIY check out 'DIY Bling Organizers'
- Tape off anything on your filing cabinet that you don't want painted using the painter's tape
- Spray paint the entire cabinet with one or two coats of spray paint - let dry completely
- Tape off your chalkboard stripe
- Paint down the stripe you taped off with the chalkboard paint and let dry - you may need two coats
- Remove the tape
- When using chalkboard paint, the first thing you should do before writing on it is season it. To season the chalkboard area rub the side of the chalk all over the chalkboard area, then erase. This allows for the first thing you write to erase completely and not leave a halo
- Label and file away!