When designing Moon's nursery, I wanted to create a space that would engage his growing mind and be a place where his imagination comes to life. And what better place to start than the walls?
Since his nursery has a woodland theme, I painted a forest with little animal friends on the walls of his nursery, and brought the critters to life with small tactile details that we can introduce him to and watch as he has fun with and explores! Check out the steps and supplies below!
- Paint your wall with chalkboard paint (we chose it in a dark gray tone) and let dry.
- Create a visual wonderland on your wall with your acrylic paints and #creativeweirdo instincts! I really loved a forest theme for Moon's room so I painted trees and small woodland creatures.
- Let your mural painting dry!
- Prep the various tactile elements that you are going to add to the wall. I snipped some paintbrush bristles for the whiskers of the rabbit and the tail tufts of the squirrel, and used colorful feathers on the wings and tails of the birds! Another idea is using some faux leaves on a painting of a tree!
- Use your glue to secure these tactile elements in place and let dry!