it may be apparent that i have an obsession with tempeh bacon...i think the last 3 food posts i've done have something to do with the stuff. but there are two great reasons to justify my lust for the smokey soybean: 1. it's good for you! read more about the health benefits here. 2. it's tasty!...like bacon, only happier!
i'm always on the culinary quest to make very low effort side dishes, etc. and this one fits the bill! it's craaaazy easy. you could have this as a side-dish or even as a main meal if you put it on some crusty bread a la sloppy joe style!
Vegan Baked Beans and Tempeh Bacon
- 1 can of vegetarian baked beans - i love the ones from Trader Joe's
- 3 or 4 strips of tempeh bacon
- cooking oil
- grease a small pan with your cooking oil and fry your bacon - make it crispy-ish
- in a sauce pan, heat up your beans
- crumble your bacon into 'bits' or chunks into the beans
- eat! i'd pair this with sauteed collared greens and garlic or smother it on some crusty bread!