As a #creativeweirdo, I fully believe that if you can dream it, you can do it! This is why I was so thrilled to see this geometric design I thought up come to life as a geometric statement piece in the Dolan Twins' new midcentury dining room!
This project utilizes some advanced equipment, so if you're not experienced in construction or don't have the equipment needed, we recommend you phone a friend or a professional for help!
- Using the miter saw, cut your 2x1 wood pieces to the sizes and angles indicated in the diagram above. (Download a PDF of the diagram here!)
- Build the frame by connecting each piece with wood glue, then holding tight and nailing together with the pin nailer.
- When the frame is fully built, use a rag or towel to stain it! Leave it to dry.
- When it comes time to attach the stained frame to the canvas, glue along the sides of the canvas and frame and slide the canvas into place. Then, secure with nails on the corners.
- Hang your framed art and enjoy!