My friend Hanah - who does actually live in that Charmed house (in the video above) - showed me how to do this hairstyle that she often does on herself when she wants to put her hair up, be a princess, etc. It's a vintage inspired hair-do known as the Gibson, Gibson Roll or Gibson Tuck. It was just all too appropriate to demo this hair tutorial for you all in this authentic and historic Victorian house. I'll post more photos of the interior of the house with all the gorgeous details, but for now, here's the hair tutorial!
I think this hair style would be perfect for a variety of occasions: a wedding, event, prom, casual day hair, bad hair day do, etc!Prep It:
- bobby pins
- a comb
- using your comb, part your hair on the side
- start twisting your hair at the hairline and gather hair as you go, following the hairline
- stop at the back of the opposite ear
- repeat step 1 twisting the other side of your hair to meet
- twist the length of your hair and fold it back across the nape of your neck, tucking into the roll (to hide the excess hair) and securing with pins
- you look like a magical princess, now have a magical day!
Here I am with my friend Hanah who lives in the house with her hubby and baby bump!
What I Wore...
- jeans: Frankie B.
- shoes: Jeffrey Campbell "Damsels"
- fox print shirt: Zara
- leopard print shirt: BLVD Collection
- blue pleather jacket: Alicia + Megan
- necklace: Mr. Kate 'Fin Necklace'
- dress: vintage
- earrings: vintage clip-ons from the flea market
- gloves: vintage
- hat: vintage