Last week at BeautyCon Texas we set up a booth with a DIY glitter backdrop painted on a white cloth. It was a hit with a bunch of people and we took some process shots so we could share it with you all for your own DIY needs. I think a glitter backdrop like this would be great at a party, wedding, photo booth, etc.
- Mod Podge (This backdrop took a 32 oz jar)
- extra fine gold glitter (This backdrop took 4 jars)
- gold paint
- white cloth photo backdrop or white sheet (you could sew a rod pocket or just attach it to a wall with nails or twine tied to beams.
- backdrop stand
- paint roller
- plastic drop cloth
- painter's tape
- foam brush
- stencil for your letters (optional)
- spray adhesive (if doing the stencil step)
- black paint (if doing the stencil step)
- mini roller (if doing the stencil step)
- Tape down the plastic drop cloth and lay your white cloth over, taping down the corners to secure
- Use the paint roller to paint the backdrop gold. Let dry.
- Mix a lot of glitter in with Mod Podge in a disposable container. We kept adding glitter to the Mod Podge until it was a very shimmery concoction.
- Use the sponge brush paint the glitter mixture over the (dried) gold painted cloth. Let dry.
- Fill in sections that are lacking glitter with your Mod Podge mixture until the backdrop is completly covered or you may just want to do an entire second coat.
- Spray the back of your stencil with spray adhesive and let dry for about 5 minutes or until tacky.
- Stick the stencil onto the (fully dry) backdrop and roll the paint over it. (TIP: always come at the stencil from above, if you push at the sides paint is likely to seep through giving you a rough edge.)
- Let dry and remove your stencil!