With festival season approaching, today's video is all about how to style festival hair over a three day span without washing it! Maybe you're camping out and can only wash the necessary areas so you have to forgo your hair, or maybe you just like the look of your hair better when it's one or two days dirty. Watch the TargetStyle video above to see me style 3 distinct hair looks, celebrating natural texture and a little grease and grime.
Check out the hair products and outfit styling deets below. Tag your festival hair looks with #MrKate and #TargetStyle!
- TONI&GUY Sea Salt Texturizing Spray
- Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz, Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo
- TONI&GUY Smoothing Lotion
- TONI&GUY Dry Shampoo
- Kinky-Curly Perfectly Polished Nourishing Hair Oil
- Umberto Hair Spray
Festival Hair Day 1!
Day 1 go effortless with hair down and embrace your natural texture.Outfit Deets:
Festival Hair Day 2!
Day 2 soak up some oil around your hairline with dry shampoo and make a DIY headpiece out of a necklace!Outfit Deets:
- DIY headpiece necklace
- kimono: Xhilaration
- v-neck shirt: Mossimo
- leotard: Merona
- jewelry: Mr. Kate Feather Cuff Ring
DIY Headpiece from a Necklace!Prep It:
- pliers (the pliers linked have wire cutters built in!)
- wire cutters
- jump rings
- larger link chain (for your extension chains)
- small link chain to closely match your necklace chain
- tape measure
- Cut two 3" long pieces of extension chain.
- Use one piece to attach to the end of your necklace (not the clasp end, the other end). Attach it using your pliers and a jump ring.
- Cut a 10" piece from your small link chain and attach it with a jump ring to the front/center of your necklace. Attach the remaining 3" piece to the end of it with another jump ring.
- Put your headpiece on and use the necklace's clasp to secure to the extension chain on both the center piece and opposite end.
Festival Hair Day 3!
Day 3 embrace greasy hair with more dry shampoo and a side part, braided up-do.Outfit Deets:
- dress: Mossimo (I trimmed mine because I'm a shortay!)
- boots: similar here: Gia Mia
- bag: Mossimo
- Mr. Kate Cosmic BeautyMarks
- Mr. Kate jewelry: Worm Ear Cuff, Starburst Earrings, & Feather Cuff Earrings
What do you think? What's your favorite look? xo