Let's say these are the new "spike" heel, or how about a re-imagined pair of cleats? Whatever they are, I'm really into them and they were really easy to DIY! I had these nude pumps in my closet that I never wore, which I got at Ross for cheap over a year ago, but now that they're decked with spikes, these will be my new go-to basics. The spikes underneath the shoe are playful yet subtle and I think, totally work appropriate. What do you think?
- pair of simple heels - I've had these in my closet for a year and never wore them!
- Dazzle Tac Jewelry Glue - works really well for this project because it binds quickly and is meant for metal, etc.
- studs (we got ours at studsandspikes.com)
- balance the shoe on 2 rolls of tape
- plan your layout with the spikes - we did evenly spaced rows
- put a small dab of glue directly on the shoe from the glue nozzle
- place the spike on the glue and hold down until it stays in place without sliding. The Dazzle Tac sets pretty quickly so you don't have to hold for too long.
- allow to dry fully, repeat on the other shoe and style with your favorite dresses, cuffed jeans, shorts, etc!
Obviously I'm really good at basketball cuz I'm wearing cleats!
- dress: Forever 21
- belt: Linea Pelle
- shoes: DIY over nude pumps from Ross
- sunnies: House Of Harlow also worn here, here, here, here, and here.
- jewelry: Mr. Kate Vertebrae ring, Flat Vertebrae bangles, Worm cuffs, and more - shop here!